Stormer Music Therapy is a research based, NDIS recognised practice which harnesses the power of music to help our clients achieve their goals & improve their health, function & wellbeing. Our music therapists are hand chosen for not only their musical and therapeutic capacity but for value alignment, communication skills, ethics and heart. Each carries with them a post-graduate qualification in Music Therapy and recognition from the AMTA and are highly trained, proficient and excellent at what they do.
We believe in music’s power.
It has the capacity to soothe, heal, empower & speak where words fail.
This is why we do what we do.
- Music Therapy is an established health profession in which music is used within a therapeutic relationship to address physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs of individuals. After assessing the strengths and needs of each client, our therapists provide the treatment through creating, singing, moving to, and/or listening to music.
Supported Music Lessons
- Alongside traditional music therapy we offer supported music lessons where therapists will teach musical instruments to children and adults with special needs, with a nuanced approach and greater understanding of the complexities involved.
Music therapy, delivered by a registered music therapist, has been recognised by the NDIS for inclusion under the support cluster of ‘Capacity Building’ – Improved Daily Living”. This includes assessment, training, strategy development and/or therapy supports to assist the development or increase a participant’s skills and/or capacity for independence and community participation.
Music therapy can help with:
– Autism spectrum disorder
– Regulation, emotional & behavioural difficulties
– Early intervention needs
– Speech, language & coordination disorders
– Mental health conditions
– Brain Injuries
– Physical & intellectual disabilities
… and much more
All sessions can be conducted online or in the studio